ACLS -- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support
ACLS is designed for healthcare professionals who either direct or participate in the management of
cardiopulmonary arrest or other cardiovascular emergencies. This includes personnel in emergency response, emergency medicine, intensive care and critical care units such as physicians, nurses, and paramedics, as well as others who need an ACLS course completion card for job or other requirements.
Specifically, what content is taught in ACLS?
A: Specific ACLS content is listed below:
- 1-Rescuer CPR and AED use
- Science Overview (Update Course)
- Team Dynamics
- BLS and ACLS Surveys
- Immediate Post-Cardiac Arrest Care
- Airway Management/Respiratory Arrest
- Peri-arrest Rhythms (Tachycardia, Bradycardia)
- Arrest Rhythms (VF, PVT, PEA, Asystole)
- Acute Coronary Syndromes (ACS)
- Megacode treatment